Generating a program earnings report allows you to extract earnings results from Trading Programs, including the transactions that have generated those earnings, with analysis breakdowns by any of your configured dimensions, and with forecast and actual results available.
When clicking on the top-level Reports menu and then Program earnings in the drop-down menu, you will be taken to a page that allows you to extract earnings results that specifically relate to the program lines that match the criteria that you provide in this report.
You will see a number of options that you can use to filter your report, as follows:
- Trading partner · Select either a single or multiple Trading partners and Trading partner collections.
- Trading program type version · Select a trading program type version from a list of configured trading program type versions.
- Trading program · A permissive parameter that allows for a pre-existing trading program to be searched for by its description, reference or ID.
- Trading program status · Select whether you wish to view active agreements, proposals or interim agreements, or a combination of these. Please note that earnings for proposal programs may be out of date, as proposals are only recalculated when they are directly edited.
- Program line reference · A permissive parameter that allows for a pre-existing program line to be searched for by its description, reference or ID.
- Program line start date, ‘From’ and ‘To’ · Enter a ‘From’ and ‘To’ date to filter down by those program lines whose start date fall within the date range provided.
- Program line end date, ‘From’ and ‘To’ · Enter a ‘From’ and ‘To’ date to filter down by those program lines whose end-date fall within the date range provided.
- Program line type · Choose from a list of configured program line types.
- Program line results type · Choose to filter either ‘Actual’, ‘Forecast’ or 'Advised' program line result types. ‘Actual’ will be set as default. 'Advised' earnings will display the Advised Earnings for each Program Line or Transaction Line, depending on the configuration of the report.
- Dimension filters · Choose to filter by selecting dimension items or attributes.
- View by · Adjust the granularity of the report based on dimension. Separate earnings by branch, turnover type or product categories, as well as their attributes.
- You may also view by Trading Partner and each Trading Partner attribute if indirect rebates are configured for your channel
- Hide results with no transactions · Selecting this will hide any results that don't have any transactions against it. This is only viewable when one trading partner is selected, and at least one 'View by' is selected.
- Trading partner on transactions · Selecting this will only show earnings, where the trading partners selected, are on the transactions. This filter will depend on the configuration of your channel.
- Transaction date · Enter a 'From' and 'To' date to filter down by those program lines whose transaction date falls within the date range provided.
- Transaction Type (optional): Selecting a transaction type in the report configuration will add an additional column to the report for each transaction type that has been selected.
By clicking on the Preview button at the bottom of your page, you will be taken to a new page displaying the first 40 results of your report in a table. One of the report's columns indicates status, which tells you whether the program data is up to date or whether there are still calculations pending for recent transaction uploads. If the indicator is red, that means calculations are still pending for the recently uploaded transactions. If the indicator is green, then there are no outstanding rebate calculations for the corresponding program, thus making the report complete.
You will then have the option to revise your filters and re-generate the results by clicking on the Change criteria button, refresh the preview to re-generate the results by clicking on the ⟳ button or download the full set of results by clicking on the Download button, as seen in the screenshot below.