Step 2 of the transactions import will take you to the Download page.
Click the central area to begin downloading the template CSV file. This file will contain a number of pre-populated columns which are all mandatory and cannot be left blank. These columns include:
- A date column in the format YYYY-MM-DD.
- Columns for each dimension (e.g Products/Branches).
- A units column (up to 4 decimal places).
- A value column (up to 2 decimal places).
- A column for a partner reference (up to 40 characters). This column can be left blank, however, the column heading must be present.
There may also be a column for an external reference (up to 40 characters), depending on the configuration of the Collaborator which you are importing transactions to.
Data entered must follow the template format or it will not upload - additional columns cannot be added. The template that you download may look slightly different, but the structure will be the same as described above.
The template CSV file will be named “<Trading Partner name>-Transactions Template-YYYYMMDDHHMMSS”.
Downloading the template will automatically progress you to stage 3 - Upload.