You can now begin to populate the CSV template that you downloaded with the data that you want to upload.
To populate the dimension columns such as branches and products, you will need to refer to the master data lists. These lists will contain references for each dimension and can be downloaded from the master data section. You can then use the relevant references to populate the CSV file. The Master data will be different for each trading partner based on their Trading Programs configuration.
Please avoid trailing spaces and spaces before column entries, as these can prevent the upload of data.
The Upload page looks very similar to the Download page and similarly, you must click the central area to begin the upload. You will then be able to select the populated CSV file to import.
For a file to be uploaded successfully, the following verification steps must be passed:
- The file must be in CSV format
- The column headings must match the headings that were downloaded
- Each value must match the expected data type for that column and be non-empty for columns that are mandatory
The expected format of the data in each column is as follows:
- Date - A date in the YYYY-MM-DD format, e.g. 2020-09-28, this value is mandatory
- Dimension columns - This should contain the reference of the desired dimension, references can be found in the master data area of Collaborator, this value is mandatory
- Units - A number with up to 4 decimal places, this value is mandatory
- Value - A number with up to 2 decimal places, currency should not be included, this value is mandatory
- External Reference - A reference up to 40 characters long, this will show in your trading partner’s data. This column may not be present in all templates as it is dependent on the configuration of the Collaborator which you are importing transactions to
- Partner Reference - A reference up to 40 characters long, this is for your own reference and will not be visible to trading partners. A value for each row is optional, but the column must be included
Selecting the relevant file will then progress you to stage 4 - Validation.