Enable can automatically replicate a trading program to the next period based on the start and end dates of the current trading program. This can be configured on a per trading partner, or per trading program type basis, so you have control over which trading programs will be automatically replicated.
All the program lines within the automatically replicated trading program will be replicated as part of this process. Other details, such as accrual bands and terms items, will also be replicated and therefore, you would need to manually change these if required.
The 'next period' is determined based on the number of months in the trading program. For example, if a trading program runs for 12 months, then the start date of the replica trading program will be 12 months after the start date of the trading program and the end date of the replica trading program will be 12 months after the end date of the original trading program.
If you would like to find out more or get started with automatic replication, please raise a Helpdesk ticket with us.
The Enable team can set up any of the following automatic replication configuration options:
- Automatically replicate trading programs as proposals - When a trading program is coming to an end, it is replicated to the next period as a draft proposal so you can make changes during negotiations before it is signed off.
- Automatically replicate trading programs as active trading programs - If a trading program will not need any changes, this option will immediately mark the replicated program as active. In this case, the trading program will be ready to earn rebate straight away.
- Automatically replicate trading programs as interim trading programs - When a trading program is coming to an end, an interim trading program is created so that you can accrue based on the previous trading program's terms whilst you are still negotiating any changes to the next period's proposal trading program.
- Automatically replicate interim trading programs as proposals - When a trading program is coming to an end, you may use interim trading programs to continue accruing. This interim trading program will then be replicated as a proposal.
You may choose between automatically replicating any of your trading programs, or fully signed trading programs only. You may also choose if you would like a trading program to automatically replicate a certain number of months before the end date. For example, if your trading program ends on 31st December, we can set it to replicate to the next period on the 31st of November.
For a trading program to automatically replicate, the following conditions must be met:
- The trading program must cover a whole number of months.
- The trading program end date must not yet have passed.
- The trading program must not have already previously been automatically replicated.
How can I identify replica trading programs?
When a trading program is replicated, the trading program reference will be appended with "(replica)", so that it is clear which trading program was replicated.
One of my trading programs contains the current year in its name. Can the name be updated when the program replicates to the following year?
Yes! The replication process can automatically update the date included in the trading program reference or description. For example, if the current trading program reference is "2020 Agreement" when it is automatically replicated to the next period it would become "2021 Agreement (replica)". This also applies to program lines within replicated programs.
If you would like for this to be enabled, please raise a Helpdesk ticket with us.
What happens to accrual bands when the replication happens?
Accrual bands are kept when replicating a trading program as an active program. Accrual bands are removed when replicating to a proposal program.
What happens to programs that span multiple years?
The length of the replicated program will be the same as the length of the original program. For example, a trading program that runs from Jan 1, 2019 to Sep 30, 2020 (1 ¾ years) will be replicated to a program that runs from Oct 1, 2020 to Jun 30, 2022.