Once automatic approval workflow has been configured, these are the steps you will need to follow in order to use it:
2. Go to the Approvals tab in your scheme. This is where you will be able to start and see the workflow.
3. Start the workflow by clicking on the Start workflow button at the bottom of the page. A pop up will appear at the top of the page to confirm that you are starting workflow, click Confirm.
Please note — only users that have been configured to be able to start workflow will be able to see the Start workflow button, i.e. not all users will be able to start workflow.
4. Once workflow has been started and confirmed by the first person in the workflow, the workflow status will change to 'Proposal' and an email will be generated and sent to the next person asking them to accept or reject the proposal. There will be a link in the email which takes the user directly to the Approvals tab.
Please note — you will not be able to edit the proposal once workflow has started. To edit the proposal, you will need to unlock or reject the proposal which will restart the workflow.
5. The user can view the proposal, deals and terms in DealTrack or they can download the scheme PDF to see a summary of the deals and the terms and conditions. After reviewing, they can accept or reject the proposal by clicking on the relevant button. A pop up box will appear to confirm the decision, click Confirm.
On the panel on the right hand side, you will be able to see a summary of the proposal, the workflow status and who the workflow is waiting on.
If the proposal has been accepted, the workflow will do the same as before and move on to the next person therefore triggering an email to that user to review a proposal.
If a proposal has been rejected, automatic emails will be sent to update the required users and the proposal will go back to a workflow status of 'Draft'. This means the proposal can be edited and the workflow has been restarted.
6. Once all users in the workflow have approved the proposal, the workflow status will change to 'Fully Signed' and the proposal will automatically activate into a scheme. The scheme will now be found in the Schemes tab under the relevant trading partner.
You can use the workflow report to search for and view all of the schemes or proposals and their current workflow status in DealTrack with a breakdown of who the scheme lead is, who the scheme is currently with, who the scheme is waiting on and the last updated date.