Generating a daily earnings report allows earnings results for a specific supplier to be extracted from Trading Programs for a specified period of time.
When clicking on Reports at the top of the page and then on Daily earnings in the drop-down menu, you will be taken to a page that allows you to extract actual earnings results from Trading Programs that relate to trading activity over a specified time period, including the transactions that has generated those earnings.
You will be required to select a single supplier and then (optionally) filter by any of the following:
Supplier · Select either a single or multiple suppliers and supplier collections.
- Transaction date, ‘From’ and ‘To’ · Enter a ‘From’ and ‘To’ date to filter by transaction date.
Type · Choose from a list of configured program line types.
- Currency · A pre-configured option of one or more currencies which can be selected from a drop-down menu.
By program line · A tick box which when selected filters daily earnings per program line.
- Frequency · Select the frequency by which to present earnings i.e. daily, weekly, monthly etc.
Program line · Enter an existing program line ID number, description or reference (shown below)
Dimension filters · Choose to filter by selecting dimension items or attributes.
- View by · Select one or more dimension collection attribute labels to filter by.
Program line results type · Choose to filter either ‘Actual’, ‘Accrual‘, or ‘Actual Forecast’ program line result types. ‘Actual’ will be set as default. This list is multi-select so you can compare the different types of earnings.
Include interim trading programs · A tick box selection to include interim trading programs in the report. Unselected as default.
The results of your report are then filtered down to the results that match all of your filters. Trading Programs will, however, prevent a report from being run if your criteria does not satisfy the requirement that the ‘View by’ selections must be across a maximum of 3 dimensions.
By clicking on the Preview button at the bottom of your page, you will be taken to a new page displaying the first 20 results of your report in a table.
As you can see from the preview above, all the relevant information about your program line will be pulled through. The earnings will be broken down into columns depending on the program line results types chosen in the filters of the criteria page. You can also see there are two transacted values columns: Total transacted value and Effective transacted value. The difference being that total transacted value is the value of the transactions for this program line once deductions and discounts have taken place.
You will then have the option to revise your filters and re-generate the results by clicking on the Change criteria button, refresh the preview to re-generate the results by clicking on the ⟳ button or download the full set of results by clicking on the Download button, as seen in the screenshot below.
Reports with a large amount of dimension items to be included will now be scheduled to run overnight.
New Features Available in UAT April 1st:
- A new Daily Earnings Report criteria setting, called ‘Hide dimension items with no transaction’ will be added. When unchecked, dimension items that are included in the program line with no transactions will be shown in the report results, allowing users to see which dimension items are inactive in their trading program.
- Daily earnings report will gain an additional ‘view by’ setting which will allow the user to view by the Trading Partner on the Transaction. This will work in the same way as for Dimension Items and allow a ‘view by’ per Trading Partner and per Trading Partner attribute.
- Please note that his new view by option is only available if the “indirect rebates” option is switched on for your channel